Currently Accredited Schools
The National Council on Ayurvedic Education has strict requirements for accrediting schools. All schools must be licensed by the state in which they reside and must be licensed as post-secondary educational institutions.
The list below and descriptioins are supdated periodically, so please check back frequently if you are searching for accredited instituitions for Ayurvedic studies.
The California College of Ayurveda
The Mission of the California College of Ayurveda
The California College of Ayurveda is dedicated to transforming human consciousness by
providing the highest quality education, health care, and research in the field of Ayurveda while
striving to express the principles of harmony in every action we take.
History and Offerings:
Founded by Dr. Marc Halpern in 1995, the California College of Ayurveda is the oldest, State-
approved college in the West offering Ayurvedic Medicine training.
The college offers three practitioner certification programs:
- Ayurvedic Counselor
- Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist
- Ayurvedic Doctor
- Our Ayurveda school also offers a variety of shorter length workshops and
seminars for Yoga Teachers, Massage Therapists and the general public. The
college also conducts healthcare clinic and ayurvedic spa in addition to a
residential (overnight) panchakarma center.
- Classroom Education: Students travel from all over the world to study at the
- Live Internet Classes: Our classes are broadcast live to students who can not
relocate to Nevada City.
- Distance Learning: We also offer a course of study that is independent of
classes. Students study the complete curriculum with a Master Teacher.
New World Ayurveda School
New World Ayurveda is leading the movement to create a healthier world by making online Ayurvedic studies accessible to all. As the only Ayurvedic school led by a licensed medical doctor we offer a comprehensive approach in training practitioners throughout the world to transform and heal as many lives as possible.Our fast-track curriculum covers Ayurvedic assessment, treatment, and practice with the added medical perspective, Vedic astrology, and spiritual counseling. We also teach you how to build a successful practice.
Our approach includes:
1. Online Study: Become an Ayurvedic Practitioner from anywhere in the world. Learn at your own pace. Join a holistic community.
2. Experiential Learning: Attend clinical intensives to experience herb samples, massage oils, pulse diagnosis, daily routines, and Ayurvedic cooking.
3. Clinical Focus: Each class is case-based so you can learn the principles of Ayurveda through real life examples.
4. Consciousness Model: Build a deep understanding of how Ayurveda works through a strong inner practice of meditation.
5. Fast-track Learning: Learn about pulse diagnosis and herbal formulas from day one through real life case-studies.
The Florida Academy of Ayurveda
We are passionate about serving humanity by creating a reality where all people know their true nature and with this awareness, are able to maintain their personal balance and bliss on every level of their beings. We are committed to teaching dedicated students to do the same.
- To raise awareness, increase knowledge and broaden the availability of Ayurveda.
- To provide professional instruction and training in the field of Ayurveda.
- To create a teaching environment where students learn by experiencing the science and practice that is Ayurveda.
- To prepare students to move forward as teachers and practitioners of Ayurveda, committed to the expansion of its wisdom.
- To uphold the time proven practices of Ayurveda in a practical manner, suitable to modern times.
- To support the student on his.her personal path to optimal health and well-being through Ayurveda.
Florida Academy of Ayurveda was conceptualized by Denise O’Dunn, Ayurvedic Practitioner and owner of Balance & Bliss Ayurvedic Lifestyle Center, as she was frequently presented with requests from students, clients and business associates seeking to deepen their knowledge base of Ayurveda through formal education. Some expressed interest in Ayurveda for personal enrichment, others for the advancement of professional development.
Denise began planning the academy and with the support of her husband Kevin O’Dunn, the Florida Academy of Ayurveda began its first academic year in April of 2011.